Lasers are used during routine dental procedures every day. In many ways, they can be used to replace traditional dental techniques with a superior result.
Dr. Nagel has a Waterlase iplus Er;YSGG laser, which is designed for using laser dentistry to treat areas of hard tissue like teeth and bone, as well as soft tissue like the gums and cheeks.
What does the laser do?
- For some people, laser dentistry can be used to perform routine dental procedures without a needle or a drill, including:
- Fillings, especially on children!
- Gum surgery or shaping
- Frenectomies (definition is in next section of periodontal disease)
- The laser also stimulates your body’s natural healing ability, producing quicker healing times and less infection and inflammation post-op
- The laser can be used to treat areas of gum (periodontal) disease to encourage healing of the gums and bone