Lasers are used during routine dental procedures every day. In many ways, they can be used to replace traditional dental techniques with a superior result.
Nagel has a Waterlase iplus Er;YSGG laser, which is designed for treating areas of hard tissue like teeth and bone, as well as soft tissue like the gums and cheeks.
What do the laser do?
- For some people, the laser can be used to perform routine dental procedures without a needle or a drill, including:
- Fillings, especially on children!
- Gum surgery or shaping
- Frenectomies (definition is in next section of periodontal disease)
- The laser also stimulates your body’s natural healing ability, producing quicker healing times and less infection and inflammation post-op
- The laser can be used to treat areas of gum (periodontal) disease to encourage healing of the gums and bone