Dr Cindy Nagel
BSc D.M.D., Family Dentist
Dr. Cindy Nagel was born and raised in Kamloops, BC and proud to have returned home to build her state-of-the-art dental studio in 2015.
She graduated with honours from McGill University in 2012 and trained as a hospital dentist in Calgary before transitioning to private practice in Kamloops in 2013.
In Alberta, she gained valuable experience working with medically complex patients and children, including administering conscious sedation.
During the Summer of 2015, Dr. Nagel volunteered her days at the non-profit dental clinic in the New Life Mission in Kamloops, giving back to those most in need in our community.
In 2017, Dr. Nagel joined the Medical Staff at Royal Inland Hospital and is now offering dental treatment under general anesthesia, both in the hospital and Kamloops Surgical Center.
Outside the office, Cindy loves to do yoga, knitting, cooking with real-food, and enjoys a good cup of tea. She is currently learning to play guitar and enjoys her monthly features on “Talk to the Experts” with Paul Graham, live on Radio NL 610AM here in Kamloops.
Continuing Educational Courses
- Accept Program – Hands-on Education with Master CEREC Trainers sponsored by Patterson Dental, April 2017: 10 hours
- Tongue and Lip Ties: Assessment, Diagnosis, and Evidence for Treatment sponsored by Dentaltown, March 2017: 1.5 hours
- Esthetic Resin Workshop sponsored by Clinical Research Dental, November 2016: 9 hours
- Women in Dentistry Mentorship Program, Annual Meeting sponsored by the BC Dental Association, November 2016: 8 hours
- Advanced Laser Periodontics, Oral Surgery, and Low Level Laser Biostimulation sponsored by Biolase, July 2016: 16 hours
- Advanced Adhesive Dentistry Part 2 Virtual Study Club sponsored by the BC Dental Association Spring 2016
- Advanced Adhesive Dentistry Part 1 Virtual Study Club sponsored by the BC Dental Association Fall 2015
- Advanced in Pediatric Dentistry sponsored by the Kamloops Dental Society, February 2016: 2 hours
- Socket Perseveration for the General Practice sponsored by Citagenix, November 2015: 4.5 hours
- Treating the Worn Dentition sponsored by SPEAR Education, December 2015: 14 hours
- Kois Treatment Planning I & Functional Occlusion I, October 2015: 50 hours
- Update: Intravenous Conscious Sedation, Sept 2015: 8 hours
- Advances in Prosthodontics sponsored by the Kamloops Dental Society, April 2015: 2 hours
- Advancement in 3D Guided Innovation sponsored by Nobel Biocare, April 2015: 7.5 hours
- Surgical Implant Mentorship Program sponsored by Nobel Biocare, Spring 2014: 26 hours
- Efficient & Effective Endodontics sponsored by Tulsa Dentsply, Sept 2014: 8 hours
- Restorative Pediatric Dentistry for the General Practitioner sponsored by PDC, March 2014: 2.5 hours
- Lasers for the General Dental Practice, Training for the Waterlase iplus sponsored by Biolase, October 2013: 16 hours
- Intravenous, Oral, & Inhalation Conscious Sedation Program sponsored by the University of Alberta: December 2012: 40 hours
- Certified Moderate Conscious Sedation Provider for Adults & Children since 2013
- Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support (PALS) Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Certified Invisalign Provider since 2012
- TOTS: Tethered Oral Tissues Specialty Training
Study Clubs & Professional Groups
- RIH Medical Staff Association Member
- Kamloops North Rotary Club
- BCDA MLA Network Representative for the Kamloops-Thompson Region
- Implant Study Club sponsored by Kamloops Dental & Implant Solutions
- Desai Study Club sponsored by SPEAR Education
- Women in Dentistry Mentorship Program sponsored by the BC Dental Association
- Kamloops District Dental Society Member